Universal has just dropped the first trailer for Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw, the long-awaited spinoff of the famed F&F franchise, which stars Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham. And while the whole franchise has veered away from its car roots to become more action oriented, there are still some great car chases to be had.
The film reunites Luke Hobbs (Johnson) and Deckard Shaw (Statham), with the unlikely duo squashing their differences and teaming up to save the world from international terrorist Brixton (Idris Elba), who’s been cyber-genetically enhanced and is indestructible.
Bizarre, right? While F&F movies have always been a little unbelievable (remember how Hobbs caught that missile with his bare hands?), this takes things to a whole other level. I’m half waiting for Tony Stark and the rest of the Avengers swoop in to save the day. 🙂
Still, it looks like mindless fun, with plenty of action and car chases, so count us in.
Hobbs and Shaw hits theaters on August 2, 2019.
- Ken Block Passes The Gymkhana Torch Over To Travis Pastrana on
- I’m Sorry, But The New 2021 Hyundai Elantra Is All Kinds Of Ugly on
- All-New 2022 Volkswagen Golf R Is The Most Powerful Production Golf Of All Time on
- Subaru Reveals Pricing For Limited Edition STI S209, And It’s Not Cheap! on
- Damn, The All-New 2021 BMW 4 Series Coupe Has One Seriously Ugly Grille on