Universal has just dropped the first trailer for Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw, the long-awaited spinoff of the famed F&F franchise, which stars Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham. And while the whole franchise has veered away from its car roots to become more action oriented, there are still some great car chases to be had.
The film reunites Luke Hobbs (Johnson) and Deckard Shaw (Statham), with the unlikely duo squashing their differences and teaming up to save the world from international terrorist Brixton (Idris Elba), who’s been cyber-genetically enhanced and is indestructible.
Bizarre, right? While F&F movies have always been a little unbelievable (remember how Hobbs caught that missile with his bare hands?), this takes things to a whole other level. I’m half waiting for Tony Stark and the rest of the Avengers swoop in to save the day. 🙂
Still, it looks like mindless fun, with plenty of action and car chases, so count us in.
Hobbs and Shaw hits theaters on August 2, 2019.
- Aston Martin And Red Bull Racing Unveil Radical AM-RB 001 Hypercar on
- The Bugatti Chiron Just Set A World Record With Incredible 304 MPH Run on
- Watch The Bugatti Chiron Accelerate From 0-249-0 MPH In A Blistering 42 Seconds! on
- 2020 Geneva Motor Show Cancelled Due To The Coronavirus Outbreak on
- The 2020 Ford GT Gets More Power, Improved Cooling, New Liquid Carbon Look on