Scrolling through my Instagram feed this morning, I saw a post from Rutledge Wood that stopped me dead in my tracks. In the lengthy post, he states that Tuesday night’s episode on the History Channel will be the show’s last.. at least for now.
As he says, “I’m not saying Top Gear USA is done, but it’s done for the immediate future on History.”
Now it’s no secret that TGUSA has faced an uphill battle since first hitting the air. But hosts Rutledge Wood, Adam Ferrara, and Tanner Foust stuck with it and made the show their own, rather than trying to mimic the original BBC version. And while it wasn’t for everyone, I personally the show and looked forward to watching it each week.
Of course, just because History Channel cut ties with Top Gear doesn’t mean that the show is over, they just need to find a new home.. Velocity would seem like the obvious choice, but an online streaming service like Netflix, Amazon or Hulu could even swoop in and snatch them up. Wherever they go, I’ll be following them!
As for History Channel, I guess you can look forward to even more episodes of Pawn Stars, American Pickers, and all the other low-cost garbage that they air 24/7.
- Review: 2019 Mazda3 AWD Sedan on
- The 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Is 797 Horsepower Of Pure Insanity on
- This Widebody Lexus LC 500 Is The Sexiest Thing You’ll See All Day on
- Track Day With The 2018 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack 2 on
- The 2021 Acura TLX Type S Has Us Pretty Freaking Excited! on